My Never-Ending Poker Quest

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, I had best night of my life, but it didn't come from where you would expect it from. Not from table games... but from an MTT. I joined the two $33 reg's and lost them after an hour or so. Joined Paradises $10 R+A, busted out of that after an hour with KK vs T9s vs AQ vs AK. I lost, no doubt. I didn't even want to play the $33 reg with the 2500 player max b/c I thought it was worthless...well - Maybe - maybe not?!?! We shall see!

I played fine in the beginning, up and down between 5k and 10k chips. Blinds go up, people start pushing and I don't remember how, but I fell to 1777 chips when the average stack was like 11k. I pushed with A4s next hand and got called by SB who was a big chipleader. Flop comes K84. Turn 4! River blank. DOUBLE UP BABY. I went all in like 3 next hands and got back to reg stack and then I dunno, just played poker or whatever. Got down to the money which was exciting, but getting to 60th place out of 530 entrants and winning a $33 profit seemd like kind of a waste. Nevertheless, I tredged along. Don't remember any specific hands but this had to be around 30-40 ppl or so left and I have 33k and am kinda shortstack at the table. Tight guy minraises in MP to 8k and it folds to me in the BB. I think about it, cross my fingers, and push all in for like 25k more with QJo. If he calls Im prob dominated, or a coinflip at best. Again, my heart is pounding, villain decides to fold! HUGE! Oh ya, the blinds folded to my push. About 25 ppl left I got about 45k and I get THE BULLETS BABY. I minraise and BB calls. Flop comes AT5. He checks, I minbet. HE calls. Now on the turn, I click the Instacheck box. We check through the turn. On river board is AT54T. He think for a long time and bets 22k. SUCKER! I raise all in and he folds but that was still a VERY nice pot and allowed me to play some poker. Two more hands that I remember. At the final table I have QJo. I think blinds are 4k/8k and I raise to 30k OTB. BB calls. Flop comes QT9 two diamonds. He checks, I bet 35k, He check raises to 80k, and I push all in for like 130k more ( I built my chipstack up a little bit while getting to the final table). He instacalls and shows Q9 for the made two pair. Turn is the K and I got 420k chips in front of me and am CL.

So I end up being kinda bullyed around with my raises, I raise, and people hsove on me and I fold alot because I simply don't have the hand to call them. Finally I got KK ON THE BUTTON. Perfect. So I make a raise to 50k with blinds of 8k/16k. This is 5 handed. The guy who has been playing with my raises pushes ALL in. THE BB CALLS. I obv push all in for his remaining like 40k or we and SB has 98s or something and BB has QQ. FLOP HAS A K AND I DOUBLE STACK EM BABY. COME ON. LETS GO BABY.

Oh ya right before that, I had TT and riase alot, guy pushes all in for 50k more and I call, and he has deuces. Long story short, THE FRIGGIN DEUCE OF SPADES IS RIVERED. I SCREAM OH MY GOD And walk around the room. I am surprised I am not on major tiilt. I actually am calm. I regain focus and play fine.

So I ended up chopping just because I didn't want to ask for $200 more and then end up losing 1k more (the difference between 2nd and 1st) because I Was being greedy. I'm happy with 3.1k finish geting in first. The deal was a chip chop str8 up. Ok NEED BED. For ur viewing pleasure, here is the lobby pic.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home