My Never-Ending Poker Quest

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Alright, well it has been 5 days since I last updated this. This is because I max out my playing time. I play till I am flat out exhausted and cannot look at the screen longer or because I have to leave the house for a reason. By the time I'm done with the session, I walk upstairs laydown in bed, close my eyes, and am asleep within a minute. So, to my readers, I apologize.

So within the past 5 days, I have been pretty busy during the day and am pretty wiped at night, but I have managed to get in almost 2000 hands. I guess I am running a little hot or just playing against stupid people. There is this one guy Butog who plays stars 1/2 6max that bluffs every single hand. Its a joke. Best yet, he multitables. He's got a 55% VP$IP. What is he doing? They're not like large bets either, you can easily call them with middle pair and expect to win. W/e, I'm not complaining.

I played a nice session last night. I won about ~$535 dollars after only 600 hands. I also got kind of lucky... no bad beats - but just solid hands.
I got dealt QQ twice in a row, which hit sets both time, which got some action both times. (Netted (not pot size) $78 and $56 on each). I also hit my 88 set HU against AA which I stacked him for. The river came a 4lfush to his nut flush - but also put two three's on board, which gave me a boat. Nice $410 pot. Another interesting hand came up where I think I played it well.

I got A8o in SB. Effective stacks are $313.75. Button raises 4x BB, I call. FLOP comes 8s4c4h. I check, he bets $10, I raise to $28, he calls. TURN comes As. I bet 40 into a $78 pot which probably indicated weakness to him. He then raised me to $138 dollars - which is 98 more. I gotta put 98 more into a 252 pot. I wish I could say I did some math here to calculate the correct move, but I didn't. I put him on AK, KK-QQ maybe, and there was a chance he had 88 or a 4. I beleived that if he had a 4, he would have raised me (or if I were him, I would have) only to $100 or so. He wan'ts me to call so he wouldn't raise much. Now, with this big raise (btw, why raise to $138. Why not 140...did he want the chipstack to look bigger??) it felt like an ace. With my top two pair, I pushed all in to put him to the test for his remaining $140. After 20 seconds, he folded and I netted $174 of his dollars. Not bad :)

That hand and the 88 vs AA hand really set me up well for the night. I almost quit when I first began b/c I dropped more than a hundo by just being completely outplayed. My bluffs were being called by middle pair and my TP bets were being pushed all in where I had to fold. WTF could I do? Finally, won a few hands and that got the ball rolling. By the time the night ended, I had over $700 at one table, $460 in another, and $400 on another. Pretty sweet. I also released the $120 bonus, so that's always nice. Man...what a weird feeling it is to be given $120 bucks and I feel that I don't really care about it. Whats $120? Man, talk about being desensitized to money. Ugh.

So I closed my party account, but before I did that I had 13k points to blow. I bought all 4 magazine subscriptions just for the hell of it and a 5.5k point White polo. Why not? I then built about 3k worth of points on stars while PArty was being shutdown. I ordered a t-shirt, mock turtleneck, and another Polo. I guess I know what to wear next time I go golfing (whenever that is).

Since June 19th, I have won $854 + $120 bonus = $974. I also played a few tourneys which I did average in. I dunno how I did in those b/c I Was too lazy to record them in SNG tracker but I would guess I lost about $150 in them. (I tried two 60's and didn't money in either). We'll make the 5day profit at about $800. Ill still take it.

Cheers,
Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home